Tuesday, February 16

The 5K on last weekend was postponed due to heavy snowfall in Columbia. (It virtually never snows in Columbia, so this was quite an event. My younger daughter is 3 years old, and this was the first time she has ever seen snow.) The race is rescheduled for next weekend, which sucks big time. I'm still not sure how I can participate. I feel strong and prepared. Even though I woke up with a headache on race day, later I ran 8 miles at sub 8-min pace, which is pretty good. I guess I had to run the frustration out of myself.

My tentative race schedule for the first half of the year:

4/3/2010: Resurrection Run 5k. This will be the race where I plan to reach ~20:30.

5/22/2010: Going the Extra Mile 5k or
5/29/2010: Jailbreak 5k. The former has the advantage that it is the same course as this weekend's run. Of course in case I can actually participate. This will be the race I might have a chance to go sub-20, although it is almost more likely than not that something will delay the progress.

Most people work on the sub-20 5K for several years, so even if I don't reach it this year, it is not a tragedy.

No comments: