Wednesday, May 19

I did my speed session last night. 2 x 1600 m at race pace: the first was 6:19, the second was 6:24. The first was slightly faster than I wanted. Interestingly, I was right on pace after the 3rd lap, then I "accidentally" ran the last lap 5 seconds faster. It's interesting that it didn't feel faster, and I'm not sure why I accelerated. Anyway, after 800 meters recovery, I did my second set, which was much greater effort, but slower time. Maybe I do lack distance specific endurance... With 2000 m warmup and 2000 m cooldown, the total was 8 kilometers.

I don't feel very strong and fit, and this is not a good sign with a little more than a week before my goal race. I could look for excuses, but I'm not going to. I'll just follow my plan and see how it works out.

No comments: