Sunday, June 5

Now that I'm fast and wise (LOL!) here are some words of wisdom: :)

1. I think training at the hottest time of the day for two weeks was a great idea. Just two weeks ago, temperatures in the 70s felt hot, but yesterday, I had no problem with the temperature. I only started to feel hot at the very end. I think this is generally good advice if you are racing in the spring or early summer. Just when you do this, don't try to run your cold weather paces.

2. (this one I posted on the sub-20 5K thread on the RW forums) OF Runner: yes, I think you are absolutely correct: whoever put in the work (in this thread) got the results. You will always see those talented folks, who run 20 miles a week, their PR is like 21:xx, show up in th thread, do some speedwork, and two weeks later they run their sub-20. I'm not one of them... It took me a year and a half to get there. I couldn't do it on 35 miles per weeks, so I went up to ~45 and it worked. Bugaha also noted once that for the average guy it seems like over 40 miles per week does the trick. To summarize: if you already train properly (speedwork, etc), and you want to run faster: just run more.

No comments: