Wednesday, May 15

I accidentally erased my training logs for the last 2-3 years. It was never meant to be permanent (this is why I write this blog; *this* is supposed to be permanent), and I did not keep the logs that I used before I converted to SportTracks, but now I feel like I lost something... At least I should have kept the data from the beginning of this year. Oh, well.

Anyway, trying to think of what I have to preserve:

To the best of my memory, my old Mizunos have ~350 miles on them, and the newer ones have ~100 miles. My Kinvaras also have ~100 miles. The pair of Asics I use for speedwork has been on borrowed time for a while, so it doesn't really matter. Let's start from here.

I ran 5.63 miles today in 42:06 in my old shoes. The weather was 86 F, sunny. Summer is here.

I am signed up for a 5K in the weekend, but I really don't feel like running. This is post goal race burnout. Nevertheless, I forced a set of intervals on myself on Sunday. Only 2 x 2000 at 7:15, 7:20 respectively. It was hard as hell. I'm not exactly sure why, because it was nice and cool, and I only ran about 40 miles on the week before (that was my post goal race week, so it was still pretty good). But then after Sunday I missed two days in a row. I did mean to rest on Monday, but Tuesday was just sheer laziness. Or post goal race burnout. Call what we want.

No comments: