Tuesday, December 18

Week -17 is done without much trouble. As I mentioned previously, I did fail my LT workout on Tuesday, but after that, thing were fine. I ran good paces all week long (except for my recovery runs, when I ran over 8 min/mile - as I should). In particular I felt so good on my 9-mile GA on Friday that I ended up running the last 7 miles at 7:13 pace, and it didn't feel hard. Then I topped the week off with a strong 15-miler at 7:36 average, with some hills included.

That's an important point for me to do: I will not neglect hills this cycle, like I did for Bowling Green. I want to be ready for the Newton Hills. I especially like the 15-miler: I had a 110 ft hill in mile 10 with an especially steep last part (it is hard to keep jogging).

Week 16 is easy first, but there is a hard long run at the end: 16 miles with 8 miles at marathon pace. I'm not sure what pace I will follow, but I will probably start out aiming to be just below 7 min/mile.

M: Rest
T: 8 GA w/ 10 ST
W: 12 MLR
T: 5 E
F: 9 GA
S: 5 E
S: 16 L w/ 8 @ MP

No comments: