Monday, February 18

Week -8 was supposed to be recovery, and I think I've slightly overdone it.

I ran 6 x 800 VO2 max intervals of Wednesday on the high school track. It went well enough: 2:55, 2:56, 2:56, 2:57, 2:58, 2:59. It clearly got harder toward the end, but that was expected: my fitness has still ways to improve. It was painful for the last 200 meters, but I pushed it a bit to get under 3 minutes. My goal pace was originally 3:00/interval, but when the first four went under without trying too hard, I decide that I should put the last two under 3 minutes as well.

I ran 11 miles on Friday, and I went to Iroquois Park and back to put in some elevation; then on Sunday, I ran in rural Indiana putting in lots of elevation: 1125 ft in 15 miles. This is actually slightly more than the whole Bowling Green Marathon! My most elevation in a single run since November 25, 2017. Now, on Monday, my body feels it!

The next few weeks will be hard. High mileage and lots of workouts. Based on my recent runs, I think my shape is right around 3 hours for a flat course and 50 degrees, which is not the Boston Marathon. But I still have two months. There is some hope.

No comments: