Sunday, March 7

Week -7 was supposed to be recovery, but it didn't feel like that... Every single run felt hard. OK, maybe that medium long 12 miler wasn't too bad, though I was counting down the last 2-3 miles.

The threshold run was hard as always: the fast miles were at 6:37, 6:39, 6:40, 6:44. I did run it at a pace that subjectively felt like my lactate threshold. I don't think I was 100% recovered from the 12 miler, but that should be normal, and this Germantown course have some rolling hills. But I think that considering 6:40/mile as my current lactate threshold is spot on.

I have started from lower VDOT before, but not 7 weeks from the marathon and not at low mileage like this. On the other hand, I never expected this to be an ideal cycle.

The long run of 16 miles should have felt easy, I guess, but it wasn't. Granted, I ran it at Turkey Run Park, which is as hilly as it gets around here. I also messed up hydration a little, but I fortunately didn't hit the wall.

Week 6 is coming up. I can't believe I'm almost halfway. I'm hitting peak mileage soon.

Week -6:

Mon: 5 R

Tue: 10 w/ 5x1000 (3:48/rep, 91s/lap)

Wed: 12 MLR

Thu: Rest

Fri: 6 R w/ 6x100 ST

Sat: 15 w/ 12M (7:04)

Total: 48 miles.

No comments: