Friday, September 27

I had to skip a day due to a stomach virus. I had diarrhea for days, but I could still run - except for last Sunday, when I had that brutal 15-miler scheduled, 12 of which was supposed to be at marathon pace.

I decided to delay the schedule by a day for now. So this week (-5), so far, I've run

M: 15 MLR (no attempt to do the M pace - I was not strong enough for that)

T: Rest

W: 6 R w/ 6x100 strides

T: 12 MLR

----- This is where we are. -----

F: Rest

S: 12 w/ 40 min @ LT pace

S: 5 R

M: 20 L

Pfitzinger wants 7 miles at LT pace, but that's not for us, mortals. A really good runner can do the 7 miles is 40 minutes, but it would take 50+ for me. That long at LT pace in training is too hard. When I used to do it in 45, I could accept it, but now, let's just do 40 minutes, however long it turns out to be.

No comments: