Thursday, October 10

Week -4 was a lot weaker than I wanted. The conference threw a real wrench into the machine and I didn't run at all from Friday to Sunday. Then, on Monday, I was so sore and tired from the Sunday regatta that I decided to just follow Pfitzinger literally and take a rest day. That is 4 days of no running...

So this meant only 36.3 miles for the week. This did include the 5 x 600 m workout, which is on the shorter side. Running by feel I managed a 2:20 average, which is probably a bit too fast. It translates to 1:34 laps, which is 49.5 VDOT. I'm sure I'm not there.

Week -3 is on us. After the Monday rest day, I did a proper workout last night: 4 x 1200 m, or more precisely 4 x 0.75 mile on the street, again, by feel. Averaging 4:52, this put me into the more reasonable 47-48 VDOT category. Here is the rest of the week:

T: Rest (fun day at Thirsty Thursday)

F: 11 MLR

S: 4 R

S: 20 L

Honestly, this sounds relatively easy, and it still gets me 52 miles for the week.

No comments: