Thursday, March 18

Let me make it official now what my long term goals are in running, so I can be held accountable later, and I can also look them up! :)

We exchanged a few emails with a friend of mine lately, and we discussed running goals. My very long term goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon. For my age and gender, this would be a time 3:15 (from next year, and it is quite clear that qualifying this year is out of the question anyway). Type this into the runnersworld.com training calculator to get equivalent times on different distances. Round down the times to whole minutes; this is what you get:

5K: 20:00
10K: 42:00
Half marathon: 1:33
Marathon: 3:15

I'll try to achieve them in this order, because as one gets older, they slow down on the shorter distances first.

No comments: