Sunday, May 15

We organized a conference in town this week and that killed my training plans. I only managed to get 34 miles in (instead of the planned 47). It's like one (really) long run short. I only ran 5 days of the week. Oh well. I consider my losses and prepare the next week like nothing happened. At least I had my VO2 max workout, which is probably the most important in this phase. I ran 5x1000 meters in 3:55, 3:56, 3:54, 3:54, 3:53.

Next week (-2) should be 43.5 miles. According to Pfitzinger, this is how it should look like:

Long runs: 9 and 8 miles.
LT run: 3K or 2 mile race. With warmup and cooldown this would be a 6-mile day.
Three easy runs: 7 miles each.

One change I'm contemplating is that the LT run could be a straightforward 4-mile tempo (plus warmup, cooldown) instead of the race. It is basically impossible to find a 3K race here, so I would have to make it a time trial, and a tempo might be more beneficial. Though the time trial has it's own advantages, especially because I don't do strides, so I may need more anaerobic training. I'll decide later.

No comments: