Saturday, May 7

Week -4 is finished with the planned 47 miles. This is cutback from last week, but the intensity is dialed up; in fact, probably the first time ever, my average pace was under 8 min/mile. Not that I planned for this, but I felt great for virtually all my runs (except maybe the Monday easy 7-miler). In fact, at the moment of writing this, I have run seven days in a row, 58 miles in those seven days (including last Sunday's 11-mile long run), just finished my 9-mile long run for this week, and I feel fresh. Nevertheless, I'll rest tomorrow, though I bet I will feel a little sluggish on Monday.

Plan for week -3: (47 miles)

Long runs: 10 miles and 9 miles.

Track: 3200 m warmup, 5x1000 m at race pace (1:33/lap, 3:53/interval - if this doesn't work, it is allowed to slow down somewhat, but all intervals must be strictly under 4 minutes). Recovery is 400 meters. 3000 m cooldown. Total of 8 miles.

Easy runs: 3 x 6 miles.

Edit: I should learn to add. This is only 45 miles. For this, and other reasons, I couldn't do this week as planned, see next post.

No comments: