Saturday, January 28

I did a strange VO2 workout on Thursday: I went to Jefferson Memorial Forest, and ran on the trails. I did 6 miles, including 5 x 3 minutes of fast intervals, most of them uphill. I was exhausted, and I had a terrible bout of DOMS that hurt even today. I had a miserable long run (13.2 miles at 8 min/mile), because my legs were still trashed from Thursdays run.

On Thursday it also became clear to me that I never want to do a trail race. When I tried to go fast on those twisting trails, many times I almost killed myself running off a cliff or similar. I think trail racing is too dangerous.

I finished the week with 46 miles.

Plan for week of 1/30 (week -12). Total of 49 miles, including:

Long runs: 13 and 9 miles.
LT workout: 2 x 2.5-mile LT intervals. Total of about 8.5 miles.
Strides: 8 x 100 meters.
Easy: 3 x 6.17 miles.

No comments: