Monday, November 26

The plan goes perfectly, survived even Thanksgiving. I did not run on Sunday though, so I'll be running 6 days in a row for sure, and if all goes well, add the other 6 next week starting on Sunday.

Most remarkably I ran a great tempo run last Tuesday. The middle, fast part was 3.5 miles with the following half mile splits: 3:02, 3:14, 3:11, 3:12, 3:09, 3:14, 3:08. I was aiming for 6:20 miles (3:10 splits).

I will actually have to be careful not to work out too hard. During Thanksgiving, I did a run on the beach in North Myrtle Beach with a few friends. After some slowish initial miles, I apologized to them and took off. Then I did the last 1.5 miles at sub-7 pace, and it didn't feel that hard. That is almost scary...

Another nice piece of news: I got a letter from the LSC Half Marathon organizers stating that I received a $50 gift certificate for placing 2nd in my age group in the race. Nice! I now turned professional, making money of my running. :)

No comments: