Monday, June 15

My weekly mileage goes like this (beginning May 3): 0, 0, 16, 16.1, 45.8, 60. Pretty aggressive buildup, but my body seems to be holding up well.

I found the "Northwest Passage" I blogged about last year. It does actually exist. In fact it wasn't all that hard to find. I don't know if I was aware last year that my GPS is capable of following a pre-programmed course. So I pre-programmed something by Google Maps that I wanted to follow, and even though not all roads on the maps matched up with roads in real life (we are talking about jeep roads here), it was sufficient information to find the Passage. In fact the Passage is a lot of fun to run, and I've done it several times now. The disadvantage is that I haven't made it to the Óvári kilátó in Balatonalmádi.

I'm running a race this Sunday, so doing less than 60 miles week is forgivable. Still, I have to front load the week. I've done 22 miles so far in two days, so 4 x 8 miles should work well, even less, if necessary. Rest (or very easy 4 miles) on Saturday should prepare me well (for the circumstances) for a good Sunday race. I still hope I can race at 6:45/mile.

No comments: