Sunday, September 6

Happy to report that I've had decent training recently: no skipped or blown runs, despite some really awfully hot weather and bad air quality. I was forced on a treadmill 3 times this week (must be a record for me). I had one decent run outside, which was my 13 miler, for which I set out at 9:30pm (shirtless, too).

My Saturday run (4 easy + 12 marathon paced on TM) was my first halfway decent marathon paced run, though I still had to interrupt it 3 times: twice for water, and once to tie my shoe. Also, I had a bathroom break (5 minutes or so) between the 4 easy at the beginning and the GMP portion. But it is still a lot better than any other recent GMP run of mine. GMP pace was set to 9 mph on the treadmill which is 6:40/mile, and in fact I set the last mile to 9.1 (6:36/mile).

All in all, I finished the week with 67 miles and this is after 68, 65 mile weeks, as planned. Probably the most miles I've ever run in three weeks. I hope it will pay off on race day.

No comments: