Sunday, September 20

The 70-mile week is successfully finished! It had a 12-mile run with a 7-mile LT portion on Friday, and a 22-miler on Sunday. Done both. Unfortunately the LT run was on the treadmill, so it's less valuable, but I ran 6:18 pace (as opposed to 6:20), and it was just too hot outside. Then, today, 22 miles at 7:43 pace at ~75 F, sunny. Both were hard, but not unreasonably so. My hip was bothering me at the end of the long run. I hope it will hold up for my race.

Some "records" this week: largest week ever (a tie, I think); second longest run ever (after my marathon); longest LT run ever, strongest LT run ever, PR on 20 miles, 21 miles, 22 miles. In fact since I finished the 22 miles in 2:50, I could walk the last 4.2 of a marathon and still PR! I shouldn't get complacent though: at 22 miles I was ready to stop.

No comments: