Monday, October 5

Training update:

Week of September 21 went OK, but due to the weekend conference I had to skip the all-important tune-up race on Saturday. I didn't much try to make it up: all I did was a strong (marathon-paced) effort for he last 10 miles of the 18-mile long run in the weekend. I finished the week with 56 miles.

Then the week of September 28 was better. Even though I was forced to do the Tuesday intervals on the treadmill, I feel it was a decent workout with 6 x 1000 meters at 5K pace. I also ran a decent long run of 18 miles with the last 14 at marathon pace. In fact it was even a little faster: averaged 6:41/mile. I finished the week with 70 miles.

Two more hard weeks left before taper. I'm feeling good, I am where I should be. The training cycle wasn't perfect, but it never is, and so far this one was as close to perfect as training cycles have ever been.

No comments: