Sunday, October 25

I finished this week with a 17-miler after the race yesterday. My legs were a bit heavy, but cardio-wise it felt very easy. This is the end of the first taper week, which is still 56 miles and with a race; from next week on taper is in full effect.

Furthermore, I'll have to skip a day, because the goal race one day early. I kept schedule until now so that I can run some tune-up races (only one, as it turned out), and it fit better with real life. But now I have to switch back. So I'm skipping Tuesday's GA run. That will give me effectively two rest days next week: Monday and Sunday, and only 36 miles. It's been a long time that I had such little running in a given week.

This cycle has been probably the closest to perfect that I've ever done. My winter 5K/10K was close, until I had that stupid knee injury from the fall. But even in that one I skipped a few days around new years day, and maybe some others. This time, I think I skipped only two runs in the whole cycle (one was actually a tune-up race, which is important, but still).

I will also risk it that despite the dismal 10K performance yesterday, I am in the best shape of my life. An evidence for that is that In 2013, before my half marathon PR I had a 5x1200 workout similar to the one that I had a week and a half ago. My paces were slower and the run felt harder back then.

My endurance also seems to be there. When one can run 17 miles at 7:33 pace after a 10K race and it feels pretty easy, that is a good sign.

No comments: