Wednesday, March 20

Week -4:

On Tuesday I started with 5x600 at the track. I accidentally messed up the second interval, running 700 meters instead (this is what happens when one tries to run 300 meters recoveries), so I ran only 500 for the next one. Altogether, the splits were 2:09, 2:27 (700), 1:50 (500), 2:11, 2:10, for a 2:09/600 meter average. That's actually slightly fast: correct pace would have been 2:10-2:11. I took it as a good sign just two days after the 14 miles at marathon pace. My legs were definitely tired for this workout.

Wednesday I ran a 14-miler, which I managed just fine, but my legs were trashed from cumulative fatigue. I was trying madly to recover on following two days, though I had a brutal fire training on Thursday. I was full of doubt for my Saturday tune-up race, but it went well, though due to the nature of the race I got no indication on my fitness.

I finished the week with a 17-miler, where I got dehydrated again... Why does this keep happening? I run like newbie. I still finished the run with a decent average pace, but I slowed a lot for the last three miles.

I'm ready for my last hard week. I have 5x1200 today. Not looking forward to the pain...

On a different note, there will be not tune-up race two weeks out. I'll be at a workshop in Michigan. I'll try to get in a 6-mile LT run on Saturday instead. If it doesn't work out, I might shift the days there. (It may actually be a good idea to do the day shift there, regardless.)

No comments: