Saturday, January 11

Training didn't quite work the way I wanted. The week after the 4K was fine: I did run 50 miles with a 15-mile long run, but the week after that got interrupted by travel. I ended up running my last run of that week on Monday on a terrible hotel treadmill in a terrible hotel gym in like 75 degrees and high humidity. With that, I ran 55 miles that week, but the "week" was 8 days long, or putting it in another way, there was an extra rest day between my two weeks.

After that poor experience, I decided that there is not much point of beating myself up in that hotel gym, so I stuck to cross country skiing. Pretty good sport, though I'm not good at the technique, which also limits how much cardio I can get out of it. It ended up being a week of zero running, if we don't consider the Monday run, which really belonged to the previous week.

Then the following week was the race week for the 5K in the Polar Bear Grand Prix. This was supposed to be a cutback week, but of course I couldn't do that after no running the week before. So I jumped back into training hard: 9 miles a day from Monday to Thursday. It was hard, but I need to build mileage for the marathon training. I rested on Friday, and I ran the 5K today. Race report in a separate post.

No comments: