Monday, February 17

Week -10 was an unambiguous success. The first difficulty was the two longs runs at the beginning of week, and it was indeed pretty hard: by the end of my 11-miler on Wednesday I started to bonk. But I had just enough energy to finish it anyway. Then just a short day until Friday: the LT run. It got quite cold, and being acclimated, I decided to better do it on a treadmill. And the run went just right. It was hard enough that I struggled a bit at the end, but I didn't need to slow down, and I probably could have done another mile. Finally, the week ended with a 17-mile run: my longest since Boston. I went to Turkey Run Park to make is hilly, and though it was tiring, I was able to finish strong at marathon pace.

So there is a good reason to be optimistic. Here is week -9:

M: Rest
T: 9 GA w/ 10x100
W: 14 MLR
T: 5 R
F: 12 MLR
S: 5 R
S: 17 w/ 10 @ MP (7:00/mile)

It doesn't look terrible, except for the Sunday long run. The 17-miler was hard enough, and now 10 at race pace! But hopefully I will be stronger, and I'll do the bare minimum for each run to get ready for Sunday. That is, GA and MLR runs should be just under 8 min/mile, and recovery should definitely be over. Marathon paced long run should be mostly flat, probably on my neighborhood lap.

No comments: