Tuesday, March 24

Just one day after a made that previous post, the organizers of the Kentucky Derby Marathon announced that the race will not be held until the Fall due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It promptly made me bail on my Wednesday run. I took the whole week easy, doing only one run: a workout with Esther on Thursday.

So I do feel refreshed, and until better times, it is most appropriate to do some fitness training. Access to tracks is a bit of an issue, but at least I definitely won't have to dodge high school runners. I'll change to Jack Daniels' Gold Plan, which is a general fitness plan that one can repeat indefinitely. My understanding is that even though it is in phases, it only does this for better variety of training. It doesn't actually peak you for anything.

Phase I, for 4 weeks:
M: 75 min E (1 or 2 runs)
T: 20 min E + 10 x 400 R w/400 jg + 10 min E
W: 60 min E (1 or 2 runs) + 6 ST
T: Rest
F: 20 min E + 6 ST + 20 min T + 6 ST + 10 min E
S: 60 min E
S: 120 min L

No comments: