Monday, March 9

My "recovery" week turned out to be 62 miles. not 59. The book has an error. I'm not sure if the some of the days are wrong, or just incorrectly added up, but it's too late anyway. I did 62. It was not much a of break, but I did feel slightly less tired day-to-day. Also interesting that in the third edition, the arithmetic error is present, but the 7 miles GA on Friday is changed to 7 miles recovery.

As for the workouts themselves, they were OK. I struggled to maintain 6:30 pace during my lactate threshold workout (6:34, 6:33, 6:29, 6:34), and I got slightly dehydrated on my long run. We had 37 degrees and windy on Friday, 65 and sunny on Sunday, so I couldn't acclimate. All in all, the week went reasonably fine. I wish I was a bit faster, but we are where we are.

Now on for the brutal weeks.

Week -6:
M: Rest
T: 6R + 4R
W: 11 w/ 5 x 1200 @ VO2 max
T: 15 MLR
F: 10 GA
S: 6 R
S: 18 w/ 12 @ MP

Both Wednesday and Sunday are very hard, and it is 70 miles. We'll see how it goes. Less than 7 weeks to race day.

No comments: