Sunday, April 4

After the slower 4 x 1200 (see last post), things got a bit better. I felt fairly fresh all week, and I ran a fine 20-miler on Saturday. Average pace was 7:48, and I felt fairly strong all the way to end, except maybe the last mile.

BTW, hydration is a huge problem with most water fountains and bathrooms still closed and you can't just walk into businesses any more for water like we used to. On my Saturday run the only water fountain I had was at mile 5, and the same one coming back at mile 15. The only reason I survived is that it was pretty cool (55-60 degrees). Unlike last week.

Training gets gradually easier from here, but there are still some hard workouts.

Week -2:

Mon: 8 w/ 5x600

Tue: 6 R

Wed: Rest

Thu: 4 R w/ 6x100

Fri: Tune up race, but I'll just do another 5 mile tempo, or maybe 6, if I feel really good (unlikely). Total of 9-10 miles.

Sat: 16 L

Total: 43-44 miles

I guess the main feature of this week is the lack of a medium long run midweek. That would hopefully make me fresh for Friday. We'll see if I can do something reasonable. I might just try this on the track.

No comments: