Saturday, April 10

I have finished week -2, but I'm not getting any faster. The two workouts this week was a 5x600 (2:12, 2:15, 2:15, 2:16, 2:13). No real paincave, except for the last lap. This is not bad, especially two days after a 20-miler. ~53 VDOT.

But that's not my actual fitness for sure. My 5-mile LT run kind of sucked. Splits were 6:32, 6:39, 6:55, 6:41, 6:35, but the last bit was way too hard. This is lower than 52 VDOT. Granted, the terrain had some rolling hills, there was some wind, and over 70 degrees, but these are week excuses. In reality, the neighborhood course is not hilly, the wind was not strong at all, and 70 degrees with the sun setting is not hot for just a 5-mile effort. I didn't feel great during the day (almost passed out a few times when standing up quickly, so I may have had some blood pressure or hydration issues), and I didn't feel great during the run either.

For my long run, I checked out the marathon course. I got lost 3 weeks ago on my 20-miler, but this time, I've found the trail. I do like it, but it's not flat. I picked up 325 ft elevation in 16 miles. I felt tired, but not exhausted by the end, despite this being less than 24 hours after the LT run (which was also a total of 9 miles). So this was, by design, on tired legs.

Next week taper starts, but some hard workouts remain to be done.

Mon: 7 R w/ 8 x 100

Tue: 8 w/ 4x1200. Let's try to run the 1200's at real VO2 max: 4:32. This will be hard.

Wed: Rest

Thu: 5 R w/ 6 x 100

Fri: Rest

Sat: 12 MLR

Total: 32 miles

No comments: