Wednesday, June 17

My training wasn't exactly going as planned. Hectic schedule made me postpone (alright: skip) some of my runs, so I decided to go slowly and repeat some of my training weeks. Therefore I'm two weeks behind now. I repeated the feast of running 10 miles on Sunday. I was easier than last time, even considering the terrible diarrhea that caught me after 5 miles (lucky that Riverfront Park has nice restrooms). I was somewhat slower than last time, even if I subtract the 4 minutes spent on the toilet, but that's fine. I was still well above the minimum pace.

I'm up to some crazy (to me at least) weekly mileage. Last week I ran 28.2 miles (45.4 km). Considering that I ran 5 times, this means an average of about 9 kilometers per day!

I went to group run last week, and it was a lot of fun! I'll go again today.

Also, I bought a new pair of running shoes on-line, it arrives today. It was very cheap, so they might be crappy, but I decided to risk it.

No comments: