Sunday, June 21

OK, I did it. I learned a thing or two. First of all, I should always double check my computations! A few miles into the run I realized that the route I decided to run is actually a mile longer! Also, I didn't realize that I could cut a mile easily, but maybe because I was distracted by the fact, that all the landmarks that I wrote to me wristband are wrong. So I ended up running 13.5 miles and then walked home (1/2 mile).

Speaking of wristbands. Mine was on a printed piece of paper. It doesn't matter that I put a Scotch tape to the outside of it, once it got soaked with sweat, the tape came of, like it had no sticky material on it. After about the 6 mile mark, I ran with the dissolving wristband in my left hand (and not on my left wrist).

Otherwise things were OK. It was brutally hot this weekend. I ran from 5 AM to 7 AM, and it was 80 F. That was lowest temperature I could find. I felt fine until mile 12, then the last 1.5 miles was hard, but even that wasn't extremely bad. And my time was fine (1:56:13). The projected half marathon time is 1:52:34.

I still don't know how it is possible to run double of this distance...

No comments: