Monday, September 21

Fourth week of marathon training is finished. No injuries. (Phew!) Long runs on the weekends were 6, 9, 12 and 10 miles, respectively. The 6 was easy (of course), the 9 was OK, the 12 was hard-ish, the 10 (yesterday) was easy. I was a little sore this morning, but I could run today with no problems (I won't - I have a rest day).

26.2 miles *still* sounds intimidating. Still, my longest run ever was the 13.5 miles on June 20. I have 12 weeks and I have to build enough fitness to even finish a marathon without walking! For me the definition of walking is taking more than 10 minutes to complete a mile. So I think for my first marathon, I will not aim for 3:30. It is too risky. I think I will go out running 9 minute miles (4:00 pace), and if I feel awesome at mile 20, I will speed up.

No comments: