Friday, September 4

I have this schizophrenic feeling that I run at speeds that are suitable for a 3:30 marathon goal, yet, I don't believe at all that I can run a mile in 8 minutes - and repeat it 26 times! It is too intimidating to even think about it. 9 minutes/mile - therefore a 4 hour marathon - that seems somewhat reasonable - but then I would need to train at speeds that are uncomfortably slow for me. Maybe once I get to the 20-mile long runs, I can slow down...

I am close to the end of the second week of training and everything is fine. My left foot is acting up again - this time it is more like a plantar fasciitis - but it is isn't too bad, so I won't take a break. I bought a really cool pair of Adidas shoes on Amazon for $40!

It's probably less than ideal that most of my training is on very hilly course, and my marathon will be completely flat. But what can I do? Now that we moved we have hills everywhere around us.

This week I will achieve the ~28 mile week, which was my most miles in a week previously in the beginning of June, close to the end of my half marathon training. Next week I will be at or above 30. Cool!

No comments: