Wednesday, November 11

Have I become a maniac? Last night I did my mile repeats at the university track in POURING HEAVY RAIN. The water from above wouldn't affect me that much, but it was less pleasant to run in occasionally ankle deep cold water - and I had to run some relatively fast laps (1:49/400 meters), and a lot of them! (16 fast laps and 20 slower ones - 2:15/400 meters). I was circling the track in the dark, in the rain, for one hour and fourteen minutes.

Fortunately my left shin seems to be holding up. Nevertheless, I won't play with fire and I'll keep myself to the 10% decrease in mileage I decided a few days ago.

I retired my Asics shoes after last night's run. I was a worthy last training for them. It's time to pull out my Adidas pair that I bought months ago in a sale!

No comments: