Tuesday, November 17

The race reports from Runner's World's Marathon challengers have started to flow in after weekend's Richmond Marathon. [here]
To tell the truth, it is quite a bit scary, that many, if not most of these people, who used the same training program as I, crashed and burned in the marathon, and ran much slower races than they wanted to. OK, the journalists of Runner's World were fine, maybe even great, but I'm talking about the individuals, who bought into the training program (see the "Comments" section). AFAIK they used the same plan that was published in the magazine, and they received all kinds of additional benefits.

Am I going to be OK?...

To add to my fears, my left shin is not perfect. It doesn't hurt as much as it used to, when I skipped those 5 days of training, but it does hurt a bit when I start to run, for the first 6 miles or so. When the run is less then 6 miles (like yesterday, 5 miles), it hurts all way. But I can't afford to skip more training, especially, because it doesn't seem to cure my shin splint. I just suck it up and train on it.

No comments: