Sunday, November 29

I did a second 20-mile run a week ago, and it went much better than the last one. I did get tired, but I ran negative splits (my late miles were faster than the early ones), and my last mile was the fastest of all. I needed this run very much to boost my confidence (as well as for physical endurance training).

Last week we took a little 3-day trip to the mountains of South Carolina. I still managed to get almost all my miles in. (Except for the last 2 miles of a 6-miler one night on a treadmill in the hotel - that was Thanksgiving night, and my gastrointestinal tract didn't like running after the feast.) It has still been a hard week with 39 miles total, and up until the long run it was one of the hardest weeks of training. The long run, yesterday, was only 15 miles, and it felt really easy. I had to hold myself back and constantly remind myself that I shouldn't exhaust myself in training. I have to start to save for the marathon, which is in two weeks.

No comments: