Sunday, March 18

Yesterday I bonked badly after overheating and dehydration... stupid me, I went for a long run in 78 F, sunny, and with no water and not enough Gatorade. From mile 12, it was a death march. Fortunately I came through a park and a residential area, so I was able to pick up water twice (after not picking up enough in the park), so I resumed continuous running for the last 3-4 miles, but it was still slow and hard.

I should have learned my lesson from the several times this has now happened, but it's hard. First you are fine, just a bit thirsty, then suddenly it all over.

I still completed 17 miles, but the end was slow and grueling. I'm not sure about the training effect of a run like this. Maybe I should repeat it next week... I'll plan my next week tonight.

No comments: