Saturday, June 16

Today I finished the week with very hard run in the heat. No matter what, it doesn't seem like I can keep up any reasonable speed if temps are over 80 F. Today, it was barely over 80 (fairly high humidity, of course), and I was fine until mile 6. Then cut. I was able to manage a 8:15 pace after that, but that's it. This probably didn't come out back in SC simply because I never ran sub-8 miles back then. In fact 8:15 miles were considered to be too fast.

Week of 6/17-18 (Sunday or Monday):
Total: 49 miles.
Long runs: 9 and 13 miles. We'll see what pace I can do, but do come in under 8 minutes.
VO2 max: 5 x 3:00 on grass, golf course or trails. This will probably be "trails". I'll be in Halifax for this, but the place seems like there are plenty of trails nearby. ~7 miles.
Easy runs: 6.67 miles each.

No comments: