Sunday, March 24

On March 16 I finished my largest week in my running history with 68 miles. Then the week after that I went to conference, worked really hard, weather sucked, and I got in 0 miles. That is correct. Zero. I'll try to jump back to training this week like nothing happened. This is according Pfitzinger's marathon training guideline: if you skip less than 10 days, you can try to get back where you were.

Week -5: Total of 70 miles.

Long runs: 15 and 12 miles. Take these easier, keeping them just under 8 minutes pace, unless I feel great.

VO2 max: 5 x 1200 meters at 2 sec/lap slower than 8K-10K goal pace. If I assume I only want to run 1:25 HM, then 8K goal pace would be 90.75 sec/lap. That is 4:32/interval, and I haven't even added the 2 sec/lap. Unless I really lost a lot of fitness this week, I should be able to do much better than that.

Non-long-run days should average 10.75 miles/day.

No comments: