Thursday, April 25

I'm not very good at regularly updating this blog. But I did keep up the running quite well.

On Sunday I ran 10 miles of trail up that mountain in Boulder. A great trail run, but with some walking and of course slow pace. 12:34/mile on average, but it went from 5600 ft elevation to 8000 ft and back, all on trails. It wasn't a very easy run.

On Monday I still ran in Boulder (in snowfall!). I got back to the hotel on time to watch the end the Boston marathon, but of course I turned off the TV (internet) well before the bombing.

No running on Tuesday, long run of 14 miles on Wednesday (hilly -- Cherokee Park -- and fast -- 7:28/m), easy Thursday. I didn't actually do a steady second longest run this week (I was supposed to do 10 miles of that).

On Saturday, I ran a tempo. I wussed out and I ran only 4 miles, though the pace was decent: 6:18 average. On one hand, this is probably my fastest tempo to date. On the other hand, how come I couldn't/didn't do 5 miles at least? I was supposed to run a 8-10K tune-up race. OK, no race (kids were my responsibility in the morning), but I could have done a 5 mile tempo. I felt so bad about this, that I ran the last 0.89 mile fast again, at 6:11 pace. So this was a sort of a silly workout. I should be smarter with my training.

I finished last week with 60 miles then. This week, I'm at 30 so far, not counting the slow 2.5 I ran with my daughter at the Girls on the run meeting. I plan to do 3 x 2000 meters in 7:30/interval today. I could do a second longest run of 9 miles on Friday (travel) or Saturday (conference). I must do a long run of 9 miles on Sunday, 7 at good pace on Monday, 6 easy on Tuesday, 5 easy on Wednesday, 4 easy on Thursday, rest on Friday, and race on Saturday.

No comments: