Sunday, April 7

Today I ran 16 miles at 7:28/mile. It looks bad on the statistics to have a zero mile week, then 37.5, then 35.5, but there is little evidence of any loss of fitness or endurance. I'll see how I'm with LT this weekend. To get back on schedule I'll try to squeeze in two quality workouts this week.

Week -3: total of 64 miles.

Sunday: 16 miles (done).

Monday, Tuesday: 2 x 5 miles or 10 miles recovery pace (Seriously!! I'll need it!)

Wednesday: 4 x 1600 meters at 1 sec/lap slower than 8K-10K goal pace. Let's discuss this. Last week I entered 1:25 HM into McMillan to compute my 8K goal pace, and the paces were too easy. If I had entered 1:23, it would have given me 3:41/km pace, or 88.4/lap. If I add 2 seconds, I get the 90 sec/lap that I was trying to get inside of. So it looks like a good method to try again. So this time I'll try to aim for 89.4/lap, or 5:58/ interval. Essentially run all 4 in less than 6 minutes. Probably 800 meter recoveries.

Thursday: Travel, but try to get 9 miles anyway.

Friday: Hike or 5-mile tempo (total of 9-10 miles)

Saturday: if Friday is hike, or Thursday is bust, do 9-10 easy to get to 64.

Sunday: Hike, but try to run 9-10 or more miles in the Rockies. Pace is irrelevant. This should be part of the following week though.

No comments: