Sunday, July 20

Week of 7/13 could hardly be worse than it was... I didn't realize originally that I was flying over the Atlantic back to the USA this week, and this did wreck havoc on training. The time it takes, the jet lag, the different climate, the stress: all take its toll.

My total mileage was only 11.59 for the week, and I just can't seem to run fast. I attempted a tempo on Saturday after only running one 4-miler during the week, and I failed pretty badly. It was supposed to be 2 x 2 miles at LT. The first interval was OK with 6:22, 6:32, but the second one was 6:49, 6:50. It wasn't even too warm. I have no excuse. Maybe I should rethink my goals.

But first, I'll attempt to do another tempo on Wednesday. I'll try to do this 2 x 2 miles again. If I can't even maintain 6:30 pace for that, I'm in big trouble. I won't be able to get even close to my PR then.

Plan for week of 7/20:
Week -13: total of 54 miles.
Sunday: 13 miles easy in the evening. Probably go to some nice place like Floyd Forks.
Monday, Tuesday: 8 miles easy in doubles. Start to get up at 6am.
Wednesday: 9 miles LT: 2 mi warmup, 2 miles fast, 1 mile recovery, 2 miles fast, 2 miles cooldown.
Thursday, Friday: 8 miles easy in doubles. Thursday 2nd run with the group.
Saturday: Group trail run fartlek with 5 x 3:00 at VO2 max. Round it up to 8 miles.

No comments: