Sunday, September 14

I ran a 4 mile TT on the high school track close to our house. This was supposed to happen last week, but I had a horrible fallout last weekend, and for personal reasons (family life) I was unable to complete my Friday and Saturday key runs. So I ran my Saturday on Sunday, and I'll try to do the next week in 6 days.

The TT was not horrible, but it wasn't great either. 24:56 for 4 miles. It's 6:14/mile - more of a tempo pace than TT. In fact for a 1:25 marathon, the corresponding 4 miler should be sub 24 minutes. Well, of course, that assumes perfect preparation for a 4-miler. So maybe this is OK. I did set out to run 25 minutes, and I was able to do that. And I only spend the last half mile in the pain cave.

Even if I add this workout, my last week ended at 61 miles - quite short of the planned 72. I'll try to run 70 miles in the next 6 days - we'll see how I fare. Here is the plan:

Monday: 12 miles long run.
Tuesday: 11 miles somehow. Probably double is appropriate.
Wednesday: 15 miles long. Don't leave for the night (ough).
Thursday: 11 miles in double.
Friday: 10 miles somehow. Double would be best.
Saturday: Track session. Add to cooldown to round out the week. If all goes as planned, this day should also be 11 miles.

The track session: 5 x 1200 meters with 1:32.75/lap, 4:38.25/interval. Goes down to 1:33.28/lap, 4:39.84/repetition on the yard track.

No comments: