Sunday, September 7

So I've discovered that the high school track close to our house is almost certainly a 440 yard track. Not that it matters all that much after all. The difference in time is about 1/2 second per lap, which is probably unnoticeable at the interval lengths I run.

I'm not 100% sure, but I discovered staggered yellow lines in the lanes, and the innermost starts about 2 meters ahead from the finish line. What are they? Not finish lines for sure. So if they are start lines, they are start lines for what? Not 100 or 200, because they would start somewhere else on the track. The only possibility is 400.

So I will call my intervals 1000s here, even though they really are 1006 meters. Here are my splits:

3:40, 3:40, 3:39, 3:38, 3:36

These are decent intervals, and I love that they got faster! The last one was painful, but I wanted it to be. I could have run another 3:40 with little pain.

The only worry is the lack of miles in my training. These low weeks may bite me back on race day.

No comments: