Saturday, September 27

Despite real life obstacles, I had a decent week. I ran every day since Monday, though I only ran less than 6 miles on Tuesday (firefighter training all afternoon), and I only ran 6 miles on Thursday (but I swam 30 minutes, so that counts like 3 miles equivalent of cross training). Finished the week with 56 miles (59 counting cross training). I can attempt to get back on track now.

Best of all is the 5-mile tempo today. It was warm, and I ran barechested, and I was a bit hungover, but I still managed 6:29, 6:28, 6:29, 6:27, 6:30 miles, and it's not even completely flat (though not a lot of elevation change). I pushed the last mile (it was mostly uphill), but I still wasn't entirely spent. In fact I managed to run a 7:38, 7:16, 7:01 miles in cooldown. Altogether 6:58 average on 10 miles with warmup and cooldown, and I ran a sub-42 10K in it with some warmup and cooldown miles included!

It's surprising how fast I am with so much training missed. Makes me wonder what could have happened if only...

No comments: