Saturday, October 4

Week finished with 64 miles! I'm back in business. If my body can take it, I might just be able to finish the training plan miles. I'm actually suprised I was able to get back to this mileage after so much missed training. It must be my solid summer base that did it.

Today I ran to my usual high school track, and they had football games there. I'm so appalled to see those fat, beer drinking, cigarette smoking adults encouraging their kids to get brain damage... I ran home (already 4.3 miles), and then I tried to scout out a nearby high school track hoping to find it open with no football game. I did find one (though it wasn't exactly open - but the fence was not much of a barrier), and - as tradition have it (see April 25, 2013) - I had a good workout.

The high school track has very similar markings to my usual one, and it's asphalt, probably built around the same time, so I'm pretty sure it's a 1/4 mile track. I ran 4 x 1 miles at 6:01, 6:01, 5:57, 5:52. As it's pretty clear, I held myself back in the first two intervals. No pain cave, either! I was supposed to do these one seconds per lap slower my 10K pace, which is 6:08, if my HM pace is 1:25, but it felt too easy. This makes me optimistic. My race is still 3 weeks away - I should be able to run 1:25. I just must not mess up at the end.

Week -2 is 60 miles total.
Long runs: 14 and 10 miles.
Easy runs: 9 miles each.
LT: 8K or 10K race, or time trial or 6-mile tempo (9 miles total).

No comments: