Saturday, October 11

I had a very decent track workout today. On the 440 yard high school track I ran a 6 mile time trial. I held back in the beginning, and I think I could do better in a race, because I wasn't really in the pain cave except for the last 300 meters or so, but even that wasn't too bad. Anyways, here are my mile splits: 6:13, 6:16, 6:11, 6:18, 6:16, 6:10. Any 5K in this is under 20 minutes. Corresponding 10K time would be under 39 minutes, though I wouldn't PR.

All this at the end of  a 60 miles week. If my body holds up, I should be able to run 1:25 in two weeks. I'm going out no slower than that pace for sure.

As an added bonus, my kids came out to the track to root for me. (OK, in all fairness, I was in charge taking care of them, so they had to come with me.) They did give me a boost.

No comments: