Sunday, October 26

I realized that I wrote nothing about post-race yesterday. So after the finish line I felt remarkably human, and I chatted with Ryan a bit. He said he isn't into road running these days, and he is certainly not as fast as he used to be. Very nice, modest guy (also unitarian minister). Then I waited for Gerard, and we analyzed our races a bit.

I only had one banana - that is all I could eat right away. I did some bourbon tasting, but even good bourbons tasted bad after this run... I had a bowl of Kentucky burgoo: that was good. Walked back to my car to put on some clothes and exchange my shirt I got in my packet (it was the wrong size). I waited for awards, which was low key, and as I mentioned, only winners were announced. Congratulated the male winner, and I left. It was very crowded by this time, and I thought it would be hopeless to find my teammates. Also, before I left, I confirmed it with the announcer that other awards won't be announced.

This was a well organized race, better than in the previous years. The greatest improvement was that finally they used paper cups at every aid station, so I could drink! I wish they announced my feats of performance, but I can't let my pride take over, so I'll say this was just fine.

No comments: