Saturday, November 1

I did a laid back recovery week after the race by only running when I felt like it. With the busy week I had, I only ran 20 miles. (I did swim 30 minutes on Wednesday.) I did a workout today at the track: 3018 meters (1.875 miles) in 10:59. Quite a weak performance. I wasn't into it at all: I went out too hard, then I couldn't get myself to push, it was too cold, etc. Goal was sub-11, so I did that, but it was hard as hell with the last two laps deep in the paincave.

Next week I'm getting back to regular running. I'll follow the last 3 weeks of Pfitzinger's Schedule C with added miles to make 70 miles = 100%.

Week -2: 49 miles

Long runs: 9 and 7 miles.

VO2 max: 2 x 2K at 5K goal pace. That is 5:57/mile (for 18:30) or 1:29/lap, 7:26/rep on imperial track, 1:28/lap, 7:22/rep on metric track. This should be doable. My 3K today was run at 5:52/mile pace. So if the first feels easy, I'll push the second a bit harder.

Easy runs: Average 8.25/day. Ideally doubles.

No comments: