Wednesday, November 26

I ran repetitions today at Iroquois High School track. It was a long workout with 4 x 200 + 6 x 400 + 4 x 200, so with warmup and cooldown, I ran a total of 40 laps, or 16 kilometers.

The 200s were an average of 38.5 sec, the 400s were 80.1 sec. It should have been 40 and 81, and I'm not happy that I ran too fast. I'm worried that it may have taken too much out of me. But I did try to slow down! In fact as the workout progressed, it felt easier to run my times. So every time I decided to take it easier, it was still too fast. I hope this won't hurt my training.

In any case, this was easier than I expected. I wasn't any more tired at the end than at the end of any 10 mile run. It was never painful, hardly any discomfort. I clearly ran in my anaerobic zone, but always short enough that I never struggled.

No comments: