Sunday, November 9

Week -1 is finished with 49 miles, and the quality workout on Saturday was OK. I ran 2 x 1.25 miles on a blacktop high school track. I had to try two tracks to find one that was available... I really do hate scrambling for tracks on a Saturday... And it was a busy day with the kids with me, who were just nice enough to entertain themselves for an hour at the track facility while I was running my total of 33 laps for about 1 hour.

So the fast splits were 7:19 and 7:23, and this is OK, given that the goal was 7:26 or better. But it's a bit of a scary thought that I'll need to run this pace for a PR for 3.1 miles on Saturday. I might just need to be satisfied with a sub-19 time, especially given that the course has a crazy number of turns, and at least one of them seems to be a 180 on a walking path.

Race week plan:
Mini taper, and the Pfitzinger plan really doesn't apply well. Also, Thursday will be forced rest day.

Sun: 7 miles.
Mon: 8 miles.
Tue: 4 miles.
Wed: 8 miles.
Thu: Rest.
Fri: 4 miles.
Saturday: Race.

No comments: