Saturday, October 18

I finished the week with the planned 54 miles, including the 3 x 2000 meters today. I ran it at the imperial track, so I ran 3 x 1.25 miles instead. At this distance the difference is getting significant: about 2-3 seconds per interval. My fast intervals were 7:24, 7:25, 7:22, and no pain cave, except for the last half lap. But even then, I only did it, because I *wanted* to experience it - I would have run a fine interval without it. It's also telling that my cooldown was at 7:25 pace.

I'm in as good shape as I have ever been. My plan is solid: I go out slightly below 1:25 pace for the HM (maybe 6:27 or so) for the first two miles, and I'd like to gain a total of 15-20 seconds before the Cherokee Park hills. Run the hills sensibly, and reevaluate at the bottom of Baxter Avenue. It's flat from there. I hope to hit 1:25.

The hay is in the barn. A sensible taper with all easy runs next week is what follows.

No comments: