Monday, May 18

I successfully finished week 1 of Phase II.

It has two workouts: a VO2 max with 3 minute hard bursts, and one with 200 m reps.

The 200's are not hard, but there are 16 of them (with 5 minutes of jogging halfway). Still, I somehow managed to crank them out fast: 38, 41, 39, 39, 39, 39, 35, 39; 39, 36, 39, 37, 38, 37, 38. One split is missing, because I messed up and I actually ran it during the 5 minute jog (and then I skipped the first fast interval of the second block). This was, of course, run on the road, so there may be GPS error.

On the other hand, the 3 minute intervals were not that great. The mile paces were 5:55, 6:03, 6:13, 6:09, 6:17. This does show that I lack fitness. I have strength and endurance, just not fitness. It's OK. I can fix this. And maybe it was just not a good day.

The VO2max run was on Tuesday, the 200's on Friday, and I did feel that my legs were trashed for my long run on Sunday. I also got a bit dehydrated... stupid Parklands are trying to kill people by keeping water fountains closed. But my endurance is actually fine. I had no trouble keeping my pace despite the issues.

Two more weeks of this. I'm getting into shape for nothing...

No comments: